Orlander v. Staples, Inc.

Objecting to the Settlement

You can object to the Settlement if you don’t like any part of it, including the request by the Plaintiff’s Counsel for the Fee and Expense Award described above. You can give reasons why you think the Court should not approve the Settlement. The Court will consider your views.

To object, you must file a written statement with the Court no later than November 27, 2017 saying that you object to the Settlement. Be sure to:

  1. Identify the case known as Orlander v. Staples, Inc., Case No. 13-CV-0703-NRB;
  2. Include your name, address, telephone number, and if represented by an attorney, the name, address, and telephone number of your attorney;
  3. Provide proof of membership in the Class;
  4. Affix your signature; and
  5. Describe the reasons you object to the Settlement.

To file with the Court, you must either have an electronic filing account, send your objection in the mail, or hand-deliver your papers to the Clerk of the United States District Court, Southern District of New York, 500 Pearl Street, New York, New York 10007-1312. Also, you must serve by e-filing, hand-delivery, or overnight mail the objection to the following attorneys by November 27, 2017:

Meagan A. Farmer
Tower 56
126 East 56th Street
8th Floor
New York, NY 10022-3613
Barry M. Kazan, Esq.
335 Madison Avenue
12th Floor
New York, NY 10017-4611